Many modern women have simply forgotten that a face mask at home is not worse, and sometimes much more effective than purchased ones. Salon procedures have replaced natural remedies from the care list but in vain.
Since the natural ingredients are extremely useful, a mask made with your own hands can compete with many anti-aging methods of salons and clinics.
After 25 years, girls should start taking care of their face and not just wash it with clean water, but also feed it with various masks. Otherwise, poor care will manifest itself in early facial wrinkles and noticeable deterioration of the skin.
What are face masks?
Usually, face masks are divided according to the effect they provide. Select types of masks:
– nourishing, moisturizing, toning and cleansing – they are designed for constant care and maintenance of the skin in perfect condition;
– anti-inflammatory, whitening-this group of masks successfully fights against obvious skin imperfections;
– anti-aging, lifting masks-belong to the anti-aging group and help to tighten the skin of the face.
How to determine your skin type
Before choosing a face mask, you need to determine your skin type. In classical cosmetology, there are different types of skin:
To accurately determine your skin type at home, wash your face using normal neutral soap and do not apply any products to it.
After about an hour and a half, apply a well-absorbent paper napkin to your face. Carefully examine the napkin and assess the degree of oiliness of the skin:
– If there is a trace of skin fat on the entire surface of the napkin, it means that the skin is not tightened at all, and you have an oily skin type.
– If there are no marks on the napkin at all, but the skin does not flake and does not feel tight, then your skin type is normal.
– If there are no greasy marks on the napkin, but you feel a clear tightness, then your skin belongs to the dry type.
– If in the center of the napkin a greasy trace was imprinted on your forehead, nose, and chin, and in the area of applying the cheeks and temples, the skin left no traces (dry or normal), then this uneven distribution of fat indicates a combined, or mixed, skin type.
Nourishing face masks at home
Nutritional masks are necessary in order to make up for the lack of nutrients, vitamins and trace elements in the skin.
Recipe #1. Nourishing mask for oily skin (honey)
For oily skin, a simple composition made from:
- 2 teaspoons of honey,
- 20 drops of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream is ideal
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth
- And apply the resulting mass to your face
- Hold for 20 minutes to half an hour, then rinse with warm water.
The mask will nourish the skin, give it an even color, radiance, and beauty.
Recipe #2. Nourishing mask for dry skin
To nourish dry skin at home take the ingredients:
- 1 egg yolk,
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 incomplete tablespoon of small oatmeal flakes.
- Pour very warm milk over the Hercules flakes and leave to soak a little (10-15 minutes).
- Beat the egg yolk with a fork and mix with the flakes.
- Apply the mass to the face and leave for 20 minutes.
This soothing mask with deep penetration into the pores will nourish dry skin, relieve the feeling of tightness and peeling, make it soft and velvety.
Recipe #3. Nourishing mask for normal skin
It is a big misconception that normal facial skin does not need nutrition and care, saturation with vitamins. Nourishing mask for normal skin based on grapes gently and carefully cares for the skin, calms it.
- crush 6-7 grapes of any white variety (in extreme cases, you can also black),
- remove all the bones and rind,
- combine the grape mass with 1 tablespoon of sour cream,
- apply the mass to the face, hold for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with warm water. The mask is so nutritious that it allows you to heal even skin irritations.
Moisturizing masks at home
Natural moisturizing face masks allow you to maintain the skin’s water balance. Most often, hydration is necessary for summer and spring, when under the influence of the sun, some of the moisture is lost from the surface layers of the skin. Even a little dehydration can lead to a decrease in skin elasticity, the appearance of sagging and wrinkles.
Recipe #4. Moisturizing masks for oily skin
The following recipe will help to moisturize oily skin.
- Beat 1 egg white and mix it with 20 ml of liquid honey until smooth,
- Add 1 tablespoon of crushed oat flakes,
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes,
- Wash off first with warm water, then rinse your face with cold water.
You can replace flakes with potatoes or starch, this will help narrow the pores and nourish the skin with useful substances.
Recipe #5. Moisturizing masks for dry skin
Dryness is perfectly eliminated by a curd mask.
Dry skin especially needs hydration, not only in summer and spring but also at any time of the year.
- Mix about 30 g of cottage cheese of normal fat content with 2 tablespoons of milk warmed to body temperature,
- Bring the mass to a uniform consistency, without lumps,
- Apply the resulting mask to the skin for 15 minutes,
- Rinse with warm water.
Recipe #6. Moisturizing masks for normal skin
To moisturize normal skin, use a grapefruit mask.
To do this:
- mix the crushed pulp of two grapefruit slices with 1 egg yolk.
- Apply the mask to the skin for 15 minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water.
Toning and cleansing homemade face masks
Cleansing and toning masks have a restorative beneficial effect on the skin, activate subcutaneous blood circulation and clean the pores of the face from sebaceous secretions, give it a young look.
Recipe #7. Toning mask for oily skin
Oily skin is perfectly toned by a mask made of white clay. To prepare it:
- dilute 2 tablespoons of white clay in cold boiled water,
- add 1 egg white,
- 3-4 drops of lemon juice and 5 ml of honey.
- the resulting homogeneous mass should resemble sour cream inconsistency,
- apply the mask to your face and wait for it to dry completely,
- Wash off the clay mask with warm water as soon as it is completely dry.
Recipe #8. Cleansing mask for dry skin
Dry skin is noticeably improved and cleansed under the influence of white clay.
To prepare the mask at home:
- take 1 tablespoon of white clay,
- 2 times more milk and 5 ml of honey,
- mix until smooth and apply to the face,
- after 10-15 minutes wash off the mask
- and finally, use a moisturizer after cleansing.
Recipe #9. Toning mask for normal skin
A lemon zest face mask will quickly restore freshness and elasticity to normal skin.
- mix 1 yolk and 20 ml of low-fat sour cream,
- add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon,
- keep the mask on your face for no more than 30 minutes.
Precautions when using home masks
For girls who are prone to allergies, before applying the prepared mask at home, you must perform a test on the wrist or inner part of the elbow. If you experience signs of an allergic reaction, take an antihistamine and do not use this product.